No Products in the Cart
Our October edition of the History Bargain Book Box features topics such as Virginia Woolf, Jack the Ripper and the Kennedy Assassination, to name a few. From cruel and shocking acts to some of history's most influential people, this Bargain Book Box is filled with fascinating reads. Please note that some of these books have featured in our early boxes.
This box contains the following 18 titles:
1. Avenue Of Spies By: Alex Kershaw ISBN: 9780804140034
2. The Saboteur: The Aristocrat Who Became France's Most Daring Anti-Nazi Commando By: Paul Kix ISBN: 9780062322524
3. Fatherland: A Family History By: Nina Bunjevac ISBN: 9781631490316
4. The World Broke in Two: Virginia Woolf By: Bill Goldstein ISBN: 9780805094022
5. The Infernal Library: On Dictators By: Daniel Kalder ISBN: 9781627793421
6. The Setting Sun: A Memoir of Empire and Family Secrets By: Bart Moore-Gilbert ISBN: 9781781682685
7. The Longest Line on the Map: The United States By: Eric Rutkow ISBN: 9781501103902
8. Cruel and Shocking Act: The Secret History of the Kennedy Assassination By: Philip Shenon ISBN: 9780805094206
9. They All Love Jack: Busting the Ripper By: Bruce Robinson ISBN: 9780062296375
10. The Lady Queen: The Notorious Reign of Joanna I By: Nancy Goldstone ISBN: 9780316524001
11. Royal Renegades By: Linda Porter ISBN: 9781250055422
12. Chanel's Riviera: Life By: Anne de Courcy ISBN: 9781474608206
13. Operation Babylift: The incredible story of the inspiring Australian women who rescued hundreds of orphans at the end of the Vietnam War By: Ian W. Shaw ISBN: 9780733642241
14. Hotel Florida By: Amanda Vaill ISBN: 9781250062444
15. Bethlehem: Biography of a Town By: Nicholas Blincoe ISBN: 9781568585833
16. New World By: Simon Targett ISBN: 9780316307888
17. To Begin the World Over Again: Lawrence of Arabia from Damascus to Baghdad By: John C. Hulsman ISBN: 9780230617421
18. Profiles in Folly: History's Worst Decisions and Why They Went Wrong By: Alan Axelrod ISBN: 9781402797781
We offer free shipping Australia-wide on all orders $50 and above. This includes all our Book Boxes. We also offer FREE instore pickup at any of our Book Grocer stores around Australia.
Currently we do not ship outside Australia.
For $10 Shipping Australia-wide: We endeavour to process your item(s) within 24/48 business hours. We use a combination of Australia Post (for smaller orders) and a shipping company to deliver your order. You can expect your items within 4-5 days outside peak (Christmas) season.
For in-store pickup: Our warehouse is Melbourne-based. We deliver customer orders to our stores on a regular but somewhat unpredictable schedule. If you are based in Melbourne your order is likely to arrive at your selected store earlier than if you select an interstate in-store pickup option.
Interstate stores could take up to 3 weeks to receive the book you have ordered.
Your chosen store will get in touch with you by email to let you know your book has arrived.
Change of Mind - Remainder Marks
Generally we do not accept returns due to a change of mind.
Our books are remainders which means that they occasionally have a texta mark at the base of the book. This is one reason our prices are so low. Unfortunately we cannot accept returns for books that are marked in this way.
Change of Mind - Mystery Boxes
We do not generally provide a change-of-mind refund simply because a Mystery Box contains books you are not interested in. Any refunds we may give will be on a discretionary basis and will depend on the box being shipped back to us. You would be required to pay return shipping for your box.
Mystery Box - Important to Read: We do our best to ensure that our Mystery Boxes contain books selected from a wide range of categories. (Aside from specific Mystery Boxes such as YA Mystery, of course). As such, you're almost certainly not going to love all the books. However, they are about $3 each, so can be re-gifted, used for craft, used to bulk out your collection, saved for a hobby you don't yet have... it's up to you!
We will, however, provide you with a refund for any duplicates of the same title in a Mystery (or any) Box. Please send a photograph with your email. The refund is calculated as a proportion of the number of books in the box.
If you are concerned you might not like the books in a Mystery Box, we strongly encourage you to try one of our category boxes instead - which have the full book list published in the description.
Damaged or incorrect orders
If you have received items that are damaged or incorrect please contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.