No Products in the Cart
Our popular Science Book Box is back! Fact: you don't have to be a scientist to enjoy this Book Box. Curated for the curious mind, this box contains a range of informative reads. Considering building your own spaceship and travelling to outer-space? Or perhaps you're a Game of Thrones fan and wanting to know more about the physics of fire and ice. Whatever it may be, this box will turn your thinking cap on.
This Book Box contains the following 15 books:
1. Lives of the Planets A Natural History of the Solar System By: Richard Corfield ISBN: 9780465028511
2. An Entertainment for Angels (Icon Science): Electricity in the Enlightenment By: Patricia Fara ISBN: 9781785782077
3. Planet Earth: A Beginner's Guide By: John R. Gribbin ISBN: 9781851688289
4. Built: The Hidden Stories Behind Our Structures By: Roma Agrawal ISBN: 9781408870358
5. Blueprint for a Battlestar Serious Scientific Explanations Behind Sci-Fis Greatest Inventions By: Rod Pyle ISBN: 9781454921349
6. The Smallest Lights In The Universe By: Sara Seager ISBN: 9780008328269
7. Superminds: The Surprising Power of People and Computers Thinking Together By: Thomas W Malone ISBN: 9780316349130
8. Moondust In Search of the Men Who Fell to Earth By: Andrew Smith ISBN: 9780747563693
9. Cosmic Impact: Understanding the Threat to Earth from Asteroids and Comets By: Andrew May ISBN: 9781785784934
10. Beetle By: Adam Dodd ISBN: 9781780234885
11. Numb and Number: How to Avoid Being Mystified by the Mathematics of Modern Life By: William Hartston ISBN: 9781838950842
12. 30-Second Medicine: The 50 crucial milestones, treatments and technologies in the history of health, each explained in half a minute By: Dr. Gabrielle M Finn ISBN: 9781782409328
13. 15 Million Degrees By: Professor Lucie Green ISBN: 9780241963555
14. Fire, Ice, and Physics By: Rebecca C. Thompson ISBN: 9780262539616
15. The Great Pretender: The Undercover Mission That Changed Our Understanding of Madness By: Susannah Cahalan ISBN: 9781538715284
We offer free shipping Australia-wide on all orders $50 and above. This includes all our Book Boxes. We also offer FREE instore pickup at any of our Book Grocer stores around Australia.
Currently we do not ship outside Australia.
For $10 Shipping Australia-wide: We endeavour to process your item(s) within 24/48 business hours. We use a combination of Australia Post (for smaller orders) and a shipping company to deliver your order. You can expect your items within 4-5 days outside peak (Christmas) season.
For in-store pickup: Our warehouse is Melbourne-based. We deliver customer orders to our stores on a regular but somewhat unpredictable schedule. If you are based in Melbourne your order is likely to arrive at your selected store earlier than if you select an interstate in-store pickup option.
Interstate stores could take up to 3 weeks to receive the book you have ordered.
Your chosen store will get in touch with you by email to let you know your book has arrived.
Change of Mind - Remainder Marks
Generally we do not accept returns due to a change of mind.
Our books are remainders which means that they occasionally have a texta mark at the base of the book. This is one reason our prices are so low. Unfortunately we cannot accept returns for books that are marked in this way.
Change of Mind - Mystery Boxes
We do not generally provide a change-of-mind refund simply because a Mystery Box contains books you are not interested in. Any refunds we may give will be on a discretionary basis and will depend on the box being shipped back to us. You would be required to pay return shipping for your box.
Mystery Box - Important to Read: We do our best to ensure that our Mystery Boxes contain books selected from a wide range of categories. (Aside from specific Mystery Boxes such as YA Mystery, of course). As such, you're almost certainly not going to love all the books. However, they are about $3 each, so can be re-gifted, used for craft, used to bulk out your collection, saved for a hobby you don't yet have... it's up to you!
We will, however, provide you with a refund for any duplicates of the same title in a Mystery (or any) Box. Please send a photograph with your email. The refund is calculated as a proportion of the number of books in the box.
If you are concerned you might not like the books in a Mystery Box, we strongly encourage you to try one of our category boxes instead - which have the full book list published in the description.
Damaged or incorrect orders
If you have received items that are damaged or incorrect please contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
... and got a whole lot more than I had expected. Bookcase is full, and I have a few presents for Christmas too!! Awesome!