Decluttering, clearing out or just tidying up? You can sell your books to Book Grocer.
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
Please include in the email:
- your postcode of residence
- an estimate of the approximate number of books.
- a few photographs of the books (spine out is fine).
What we will pay for - here are a few points that may help:
- small book collections as well as larger libraries and deceased estates.
- fiction and non-fiction in most categories
- good to excellent condition (ie no sun damage, creased/cracked spines, markings on pages)
- ideally more than 200 books in the collection you wish to sell (although we can consider smaller collections)
- we cannot take textbooks, newspapers, periodicals, magazines, phone books, almanacs or children's books
Getting the books to us: At present we are most likely to be able to make you an offer for your books if you are able to drop the books at our warehouse in Tullamarine.
If you live in metropolitan Melbourne and have a larger collection we may also be able to collect your books by arrangement. We may also be able to pack up the books for you.
Your used books can also be dropped at any Book Grocer store but this must be once we have made an arrangement - so please send us an email first. (You can check our opening hours here.) Please note that we will not offer on-the-spot payment for books that are dropped off without making prior arrangements.